In episode 28 of PodSpot, the unofficial UK HubSpot podcast, host Kerry Thompson talks to Claire Rowling, Senior Account Manager, and Jon Pittham, Managing Director, at Karman Digital. They discuss campaign management and how to plan a successful campaign.
Kerry gets the conversation off to a start by asking Jon and Claire to lay down the foundations and explain what a campaign actually is. While they agree that many people, especially marketeers, will provide their own variation of a definition, it’s ultimately a focussed and strategic effort to achieve a designated goal, which sits separately to business as usual activities.
Kerry, Claire and Jon then go on to discuss the benefits of campaign thinking specifically related to digital marketing. They also explore the specific steps which are integral to making a campaign a success, including a solid discovery stage, an understanding of your target audience, competitor research and, of course, budget.
Their conversation unearths some of the many benefits that campaign thinking delivers, especially when applied through Hubspot. Not least is its ability to provide reliable data and insights, allowing the business to develop a clearer understanding of ROI.
Listen in to learn more about campaign management and the keys to successful campaign planning.
Intro 0.00 - 0.54
- What a campaign actually is
- What a campaign isn’t… how they are separate from business as usual
- Why businesses should consider campaign thinking
- The integral aspects of successful campaigns
- How campaign thinking can provide insight and data
- Overcoming the challenges of implementing a campaign
- The importance of time management
- Understanding your audience
- Optimising your process
- Top tips for a successful campaign
Outro - 30.11