In episode ten of PodSpot, the unofficial UK HubSpot podcast, Matt Wood, Digital Strategist at Karman Digital, talks with Davis Mastin, Associate Product Manager for Reporting at HubSpot. Together they discuss Account Based Marketing (ABM) and how businesses can get started.
Davis begins this introduction to ABM by exploring what exactly account based marketing is and how it might look to implement it. According to him, the most important thing, particularly in the early stages of introducing ABM, is sales and marketing alignment.
(Read more: 8 Ways to Align Marketing and Sales)
Together, Matt and Davis explore how ABM can be best used by different businesses and which types of business are the best fit for this model. Davis also reveals tips for how to create a tiering system for target accounts and where the most friction tends to be when starting on the ABM journey.
From there, the two venture into ABM tools that businesses can utilise to make an account based strategy more effective. Content, Davis says, is a key factor in successful ABM, so ensuring that you have the correct resource available is vital.
Finally, Davis shares his top advice for businesses that are interested in beginning to use ABM, as well as resources for learning more.
Intro 0.00 - 1.04
- 1.17 - What is ABM?
- 2.04 - How does ABM differ from inbound marketing?
- 2.54 - Can smaller SMEs use ABM?
- 4.11 - The steps to implementing ABM
- 6.37 - How do inbound and ABM work together?
- 7.05 - Avoiding friction in the transition to ABM
- 8.42 - Creating a tiering system for ABM
- 10.26 - Is ABM worthwhile for all transactions?
- 12.40 - Is ABM possible for small teams?
- 13.47 - Getting sales on board with ABM
- 14.32 - The importance of ABM tools
- 16.19 - The future of ABM
- 18.08 - Tips for ABM implementation and learning
Outro 20.34 - 20.52