In episode eleven of PodSpot, the unofficial UK HubSpot podcast, SJ Hood, Content Specialist at Karman Digital, talks with Damien Egan, Senior Channel Account Manager at HubSpot. Together they discuss HubSpot, pricing, and how to decide what your business needs.
Damien begins this conversation with an overview of how HubSpot works and the different types of software that it offers customers. Together, Damien and SJ discuss the tiering levels for HubSpot, what kinds of businesses they are suited to, and how HubSpot stands out from the crowd.
(Read more: The best HubSpot tools for working from home)
From there, Damien and SJ get into HubSpot’s recent change in pricing around contacts. They’ve moved from looking at a business’ total contact numbers to focusing on what they call marketing contacts - the people in your CRM that you actively send marketing materials to. From there, the two venture into HubSpot’s CMS (content management system) and Sales Hubs.
Before wrapping up, they also touch on how HubSpot have handled this past year, how to manage your software costs, and encouraging businesses to focus on how to make the most of the tools they have available to generate more revenue.
Finally, Damien shares his thoughts on what customers should know before purchasing HubSpot.
Intro 0.00 - 0.55
- 00:55 - Damien’s role
- 02:37 - How HubSpot works and the series of different hubs
- 04:08 - The different HubSpot Tiers
- 05:57 - How HubSpot CRM differs from traditional CRM
- 07:23 - Changes to pricing with Marketing Contacts
- 10:02 - Which types of businesses benefit most from the change in Marketing Contacts pricing
- 11:25 - How the move to Marketing Contacts came about
- 13:35 - Common questions that come up around HubSpot pricing
- 15:40 - Things to know about the CMS Hub and how it’s priced
- 18:29 - The ability for Marketers to make website changes rather than Developers
- 19:48 - Sales Hub and the differences between the Professional and Enterprise level
- 22:54 - How to manage costs but still maintain the functionality your business needs throughout lockdown
- 28:37 - Things customers should know before signing up to HubSpot