In episode fifteen of PodSpot, the unofficial UK HubSpot podcast, we bring you a conversation between Kerry Thompson and Matt Wood of Karman Digital. Together they discuss HubSpot workflows: What are they? How do they work? And how can they help businesses?
Kerry and Matt start this conversation by breaking down exactly what a workflow is. They discuss the endless automation possibilities that workflows provide and how they can cater to different CRM and marketing requirements. Matt even describes workflows as “the most powerful part of the HubSpot platform!”
(Read more: Why your sales team isn’t using your CRM)
From there they discuss how automation can revolutionise a business and solve problems in a way that can’t be achieved manually, and how workflows can help to deliver that. Matt also looks ahead to the exciting direction that HubSpot is moving in with regards to its automation tools. Kerry asks Matt to define the differences between the types of automation in HubSpot, and they discuss how sequences and workflows function to provide solutions to different problems. This leads to a discussion about how personalisation and automation of emails can go hand in hand.
Matt then goes on to discuss the accessible learning curve when it comes to setting up a simple workflow, and gives some advice for people who want to build something more complex. Matt also covers the importance of testing a workflow before making it live, and how to go about doing that. Finally, they end their conversation with Kerry asking Matt about the different applications of workflows and top tips and best practice recommendations for HubSpot users who are interested in getting the most out of them.
Intro 0.00 - 0.15
- 01:19 - Matt’s introduction
- 02:00 - What exactly is a HubSpot workflow?
- 03:02 - The benefits of automation over manual input
- 04:52 - The difference between a workflow and a sequence
- 05:42 - Why sequences are useful for salespeople
- 07:41 - The ease of building sequences
- 09:57 - How to set up a workflow in HubSpot
- 10:47 - The importance of planning before a more advanced workflow build
- 11:57 - What to do once you’re happy with your plan
- 13:04 - The importance of testing and testing tools
- 14:02 - Enrolling contacts to a workflow
- 16:04 - What can HubSpot workflows be used for?
- 16:49 - Automation for Marketing
- 18:31 - Automation for Sales
- 19:33 - Automation for Services
- 21:01 - Tips and best practice workflow guidelines for HubSpot users
- 22: 51 - The importance of communication between marketing, sales and services
Outro - 24:56