In episode 32 of PodSpot, the UK's only HubSpot themed podcast, host Matt Wood dives into the deep and sometimes awkward world of data migration and management with Managing Director of Karman Digital, Jon Pittham.
Throwing themselves into the deep end right away, Matt asks Jon about the key considerations a client should make prior to undertaking a data migration. Here Jon outlines the importance of inter-company communication. Who is close to the data and are there any outlying members of staff who harbour important data knowledge? If so, it is essential that these individuals/departments are clearly communicating, in order for all company data to be included in a transition.
Planning is always essential when it comes to data migration. Both Matt and Jon recognise this. In the podcast the pair also discuss the utility of organisational data structures and tools, paying particular attention to HubSpot's Operations Hub, and their new Enterprise tools.
If you didn't already know, migrating data into a new CRM is a colossus task for anyone, there's bound to be a mistake here or there when undertaking such a challenge. Matt asks Jon what the most common mistakes are when migrating data, for Jon it's not managing expectations sufficiently. Be realistic about your project!
A myriad of different talking points are touched on by the pair, from in-house vs out-house data management, to the number one tip for someone starting their data migration project (I'll keep that one for the listeners).
So, are you about to switch your CRM to Hubspot? Need to know the key steps to take when managing data within a new CRM? Maybe you just want to get your teeth into the nitty gritty of data migration. Whatever the reason, this podcast has you covered. Listen in to learn more about data migration and data management.
Intro 0:00 - 1:51
- 01:51: What to consider before making a data migration.
- 07:45: Useful templates and structures for data migration and management.
- 10:41: The best tools for migration and management.
- 12:32: Data migration and management with Hubspot: Operations Hub.
- 14:55: Data mistakes made when migrating to a new CRM.
- 17:00 - Should data migration and management always be kept in-house.
- 20:48 - Best steps to manage data within a new CRM.
- 24:58 - Who should take account for data sets?
- 28:17 - Number one tip for someone starting out a data migration project.
Outro - 30.11